Thursday, May 22, 2008

Mint Ice Cream Cake

Doesn't the picture look good? Ok, so maybe it looks more appealing in person.

18 crushed graham crackers
2/3 cup powdered sugar
2/3 cup butter
Mix above ingredients and put half of the mixture in a 9x13 pan. Cool in refrigerator. Set aside the other half.
3 squares melted baking semi-sweet chocolate (I use Baker's brand... I hope I don't get sued for saying that)
1 cup soft butter
3 eggs
1 cup powdered sugar
Mix these ingredients and spread half of the chocolate mixture on top of the graham cracker mixture in the pan. Freeze for 15 minutes.
1/2 gallon vanilla ice cream
1/2 teaspoon mint flavoring
Stir flavoring into ice cream (it will need to be a little melty-like=)). Put ice cream on top of graham cracker/chocolate in pan. Put in freezer. When the ice cream is more solid, spread on the rest of chocolate mixture. Then add rest of graham cracker mixture. Put in freezer and you're done!
*This recipe was given to me by my mother-in-law, Linda. She got it from her mother-in-law, Grandma Chambers. Someday I hope to pass it on to my daughter-in-law. Just kidding.

2 comments:

Ashley said...

HAHAHAHA your such a jokester!!! It sounds so good!! I think I might have to make it!! And I don't like ice cream...

Anonymous said...

Yummy, indeed. I like easy to make. LOL!